Why are manufacturers so reluctant to change model numbers when they add features?
11-05-2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Why are manufacturers so reluctant to change model numbers when they add features?
(11-03-2019 09:31 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  My guess would be that these anomalies are related to certification. It is faster and easier to maintain the same model number than it is to certify a new model.

Pauli

I believe Tim specifically confirmed that when the G2 was in the works. If it's the "same" calculator, no need to recertify.

Casio is the worst offender here, but often in the entirely opposite direction - they also have tons of different model numbers for what is effectively the same thing.

For example, the fx-991ES, fx-991MS, and fx-991EX are all completely different. But the fx-991EX, fx-570EX, fx-991SPX, etc. are 99% identical. And this goes way back, too: if there's any difference between the fx-7000G, fx-7000GA, fx-7000GB, and fx-7200G, I certainly can't find it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are manufacturers so reluctant to change model numbers when they add features? - Dave Britten - 11-05-2019 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)