Sharp EL-W506T vs. Sharp EL-W516T
11-16-2019, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2019 11:41 AM by ijabbott.)
RE: Sharp EL-W506T vs. Sharp EL-W516T
(11-16-2019 01:23 AM)Mjim Wrote:  I've thought about whether the Ti-36X Pro might be a better fit than the Sharp, since I have heard that it can store it's history as well. It's a little more limited with expressions though (maximum expression length is double on the Sharp (159 characters on the Sharp vs 80 on the TI-36X Pro). Not a fan of the design and the display contrast (though I haven't seen it in person, so perhaps it isn't as bad as it looks on the videos).

I wasn't a fan of the silver keys on the TI-36X Pro / TI-30X Pro MultiView, but thankfully, those have been replaced with dark grey keys on the TI-30X Pro MathPrint (and on its fewer-featured sibling, the TI-30X Plus MathPrint). The display is also double the resolution (mainly to improve the fonts, rather the number of displayed characters), and the pixel colour has changed from blue to black.

(11-16-2019 06:14 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  The 30X can accept much longer equations than the 36X Pro. I did not have the patience to test how lengthy an expression is possible, but much better than the frustratingly small capacity of the 36X Pro.

I got 101 symbols on the entry line of the TI-30X Pro MathPrint, in both MATHPRINT and CLASSIC display modes. A symbol is a numeric character, an operator, a parenthesis or a function with its opening parenthesis (e.g. "sin(" is one symbol).

In MATHPRINT mode, some parentheses may be added automatically and hidden from view, but still count towards the number of symbols on the line. For example "\(e^1\)" is stored as three symbols: "e^(", "1", ")". Fractions such as "\(\frac{1}{2}\)" are stored with added, hidden parentheses: "(", "1", "/", "2", ")".

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp EL-W506T vs. Sharp EL-W516T - ijabbott - 11-16-2019 11:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)