Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
03-26-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
Dear Tim

Thank you very much for the Linux preview with no expiry date: I installed it a few weeks ago in Ubuntu and my preliminary trials worked great. I am a fan of the HP 50g and Linux, where I use Emu48.

I use the HP 50g to demonstrate some calculations while giving lessons on telecomm. engineering at the university. But I have been testing the CAS of the HP Prime and my feelings are mixed, as for each CAS operation I check with the HP 50g, the HP Prime performs better, faster and has more options, e.g., the single FOURIER CAS command in the HP 50g is more complete in the HP Prime, with the real and complex versions of the transform, to cite an example.

I have more to tell about my mixed feelings, but in short: I was reluctant to get an HP Prime and in the end I ordered one and it is coming.

By the way: if there is a future possibility to communicate the calculator with Linux, that would be awesome.

Keep on doing this way!

Ramón

(01-23-2020 04:55 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(01-22-2020 06:11 PM)clytle374 Wrote:  A Linux version would be nice Wink
Thanks

https://www.hpcalc.org/prime/beta/

"This is a technical preview and does not indicate a supported Linux release will be forthcoming. Built using Ubuntu 14.04 and packaged as an x64 appimage."

*HOWEVER* I specifically removed the normal "3 month" timeout found in most beta versions for the Linux one... Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS - ramon_ea1gth - 03-26-2020 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)