Arduino IL Drive Sim read good write bad
04-25-2023, 02:02 PM
RE: Arduino IL Drive Sim read good write bad
Inspired by all ideas here I have "upgraded" my PIL-box with a ESP8266 (Lolin D1 Mini) running on battery.
So now I have (sort of) connected my HP41 to my PC over WiFi ... Wink

At the moment I'm still in developping mode, so I re-flash and debug the ESP using WiFi, but my plan is to enable a file-server so I can up- and down-load files from the PC to the "virtual" drive.
The virtual drives and the printer/display seems to work - I can save and retrieve files from the SD-card, and the next step would be to expose the SD-card to a fileserver.

First step would be to handle LIF-files, but after that it would be great to handle files within the LIF-file (ie being able to download directly from the PC to the LIF-file on the SD-card).

Also by creating some other virtual device that could utilize WiFi, ie a MQTT enabled WiFi-GPIO device that could send commands to my home system, turning on lights, reading status or what ever ... endless possibilities, so little time ... Tongue

But, first I should find a nicer encloser to the boards. Battery etc will not fit in the nice PIL-box any more ...

Cheers,
Thomas

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[35/45/55/65/67/97/80 21/25/29C 31E/32E/33E|C/34C/38E 41C|CV|CX 71B 10C/11C/12C/15C|CE/16C 32S|SII/42S 28C|S 48GX/49G/50G 35S 41X]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arduino IL Drive Sim read good write bad - ThomasF - 04-25-2023 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)