Repair service for HP 48GX?
01-15-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: Repair service for HP 48GX?
The HP48 and HP50 are entirely different fellows! The repair servicer I mentioned can be found advertising his services on TAS and the Classifieds here, but they are limited to the 48. I was probably being too cautious by not mentioning him directly, but he did post his own web site url recently in the Classified forum. Go have a look and see yourself what he has to offer. I've only seen mention of two other individuals offering repair service for older models, but I don't think either are still working.

As to parts for repairing the 50, you'll occasionally see several calculators in a lot offered by recyclers as Parts or Repair. These are almost always missing the battery door. I picked up five for around $30 that should serve as a repair pool in the future. Others here probably do the same.

To summarize, there is no magic repair service I'm hiding from everyone. A quick skim of the forums will confirm that most people do their own repair work. There is a really decent amount of articles and threads here on how to do this yourself, not to mention the many knowledgeable people on tap, as you saw yourself when seeking help for your friend.

Now, if only we had The Book Smile

(BTW, the servicer has been mentioned numerous times in the open forum, and I guarantee any mention I make in this thread will disappear into that Great Pile of Previous Postings, just like all the others)

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Repair service for HP 48GX? - fred74 - 12-01-2019, 06:09 PM
RE: Repair service for HP 48GX? - mfleming - 12-02-2019, 04:19 AM
RE: Repair service for HP 48GX? - fred74 - 12-07-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: Repair service for HP 48GX? - JDW - 01-15-2020, 12:21 AM
RE: Repair service for HP 48GX? - mfleming - 01-15-2020 02:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)