I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it!
12-08-2019, 03:11 PM
RE: I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it!
(12-08-2019 08:09 AM)jthole Wrote:  don’t Let and Get work at all for menu variables in the new 17Bii+

I was really excited when the 17bii+ came out with much more memory than the 17bii, but I was disappointed that many equations that worked on the 17b and 17bii would not work on the + model. I was able to figure out a workaround for two of the equations (GCD/LCM and prime factors) in the Technical Applications Manual for the 27S and 19B (a must have for every Solver programmer), but the bottom line is this: if you use the Let function for a menu variable on the +, you will be disappointed. I eventually stopped using the + because the 17b and 17bii Solvers work perfectly.

Another user, Mike Ingle, showed me how you can actually exit a solver loop early, with some limitations. If you are in a loop and you want to end the loop and the equation, load the value you want into a variable (Let function), do a divide by 0 or log(0), and the equation will end with an error message but you can RCL the variable and it will have your value in it. That trick won't work for all applications, obviously, but it does work for some.

That solver application was way ahead of it's time. Good luck and please post any equations you come up with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it! - jthole - 12-04-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: I got a HP 17Bii, and I love it! - Don Shepherd - 12-08-2019 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)