Calculator for electronic/firmware engineers
01-26-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: Calculator for electronic/firmware engineers
(01-26-2020 06:55 PM)kuro68k Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 08:14 PM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  I don't understand exactly, I guess you know how to use the [EXP] or [×10^x] key.
As mechanical engineer this is the fastest way to keying prefixes, but the mechanical engineers mainly use kilo-, mega- and milli-, micro- prefixes (no pico-, femto- and strange others Wink ).

Yeah, sorry, I should have put [EXP], that's the key I meant. So say you want to microfarads, a common unit for capacitors, it's [EXP][9][NEG] I think, is that right?

Actually I say a nice Casio with dual ENG buttons, one for "up" and one for "down". I should have bought it.

If you're looking at the DM42, I wrote a program for it (and the 42S, and Free42) that mimics the Casio engineering symbols.

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13096.html

Enter a number into X, and press the required symbol in the menu. There's a "Show" button to display the current X value using these symbols, and up and down keys to shift the mantissa and symbol up or down. You can try it in Free42 on your computer to see if it does what you want.

As for the other features, the DM42 and 42S have decent base conversion support, but no interactive bit editor. But that, as well as CRC calculation and circuit formulas probably wouldn't be too hard to program.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculator for electronic/firmware engineers - Dave Britten - 01-26-2020 09:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)