Hp prime lose date&hour when i change battery
01-27-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Hp prime lose date&hour when i change battery
(01-27-2020 09:10 AM)pippocalo Wrote:  thank you all for the comprehensive answers.
Indeed the explanation that RTC stops is very reasonable and I was stupid not to think about it.
In fact, if you connect the cable to the PC, the update of the date-time is automatic.
Thanks to Cyrille for her makeup.
I change the battery because my HP Prime is on for a long time every day; I bought a spare battery and I change it every month to consume them in a similar way, even i know that the li-ion batteries also kept in the drawer after 3-4 years are at the end of their life. But to me with a charge every 2 days they would last less if consumed one at a time. Alternating them, I have reasonable certainty that they will last 4-5 years.
For the future, it scares me to find "fresh built" batteries. Cellphones disappear, HP Calculators become cult objectss. I still have an HP 67 that works very well with 3 AA Ni-Mh batteries. In 10 years there will still be batteries for the HP-Prime ??

Thanks

Filippo

I understand that you want to still use the HP Prime G1/G2 for nostalgia reason.
That ancient hardware has already been replaced by then
Remember HP-65, HP-67 then the superior HP-41C/CV/CX
Jump to HP-48SX/GX, HP 49G then the historic hp 50g (*)
Now Prime G1/G2 - but -
technology advances and soon they (HP Team) need a new mobo & ARM
if not a new calculatrice system altogether (it could be in a design phase).
VPN
PS: I still use my (*) hp 50g
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hp prime lose date&hour when i change battery - CyberAngel - 01-27-2020 07:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)