newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
02-24-2020, 03:02 AM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1351 [ starting a new thread!]
(02-24-2020 12:54 AM)The Shadow Wrote:  The Android version works on my phone now!!

And there was much rejoicing!

EDIT: Hmm. And now I'm having trouble putting a SDARCHIVE onto it. I can't seem to get my computer and my phone to talk to each other, which obviously isn't newRPL's fault. But that leaves a USB connection out for now.

I tried putting the file on the stack, or opening the file from newRPL, but the app crashes every time I try.

Android gives apps very limited access to write files unless special permissions are requested, which I don't.
Try this:
* On the android app, do a Save As, in the window you'll see on the left there's a quick access to a folder "files". This is the only folder the app has access to, anywhere else it won't be able to save anything.
* Make note of the full path of that files folder. Put your backup from the other calc on that folder and then open it from the app.

It shouldn't crash unless... you have custom fonts. If it did crash, on the other calculator remove all font customizations by going into .Settings and purging any variables 'CmdlFont' 'StkFont', etc. and also 'SysFonts' if it exists.
Now make a new backup and repeat the steps above. If it still crashes I'll need to investigate your particular data set, this shouldn't happen, ever. There weren't any changes to newrpl except the fonts have a new format that allows larger fonts (for hi dpi screens). Everything else was minor internal cleanups and bug fixes.
I didn't try in Android, but on my PC it opened backups from my calc without any issues.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1351 [ starting a new thread!] - Claudio L. - 02-24-2020 03:02 AM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)