newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
09-26-2020, 03:49 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build]
(09-03-2020 06:06 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I called it "turn" instead of revolution as somebody suggested here in the forum, but that's a system unit in newRPL. Radians are far more graciously handled in newRPL. Actually, all non-dimensional units are considered equivalent to raw numbers, not just radians. The only down side is that you can add radians and decibels, or radians per second and Hz, and the system won't say a word because they meet dimensional compatibility.

So your hack wouldn't be needed: rad/s is already consider equivalent to 1/s, and if you have w=V/r for example with V in m/s and the radius in m, you can convert w to rpm and it will work in newRPL without a hitch. Of course you need to know what you are doing to avoid converting rad/s into Hz without the 2pi factor for example, but that's true also with paper and pencil....

Hrm. I gotta say, this doesn't sit well with me - specifically, rad/s being the same as Hz.

Given that newRPL correctly translates between turns and radians, maybe the Hz should be defined as a turn/s?

(Out of curiosity, I've noticed that some energy units have 'IT' appended to them - does that stand for 'international' or something else?)

Finally, is there any way for us to alter the Units menu ala the old Unitman library, short of recreating it all from scratch by TMENU?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build] - The Shadow - 09-26-2020 03:49 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)