newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
10-11-2020, 06:39 PM
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build]
(09-19-2020 10:58 PM)Gilles Wrote:  Hi all... I'm back from a long time ;D

I have 3 questions.

1/ is there a way to Edit a program or variable with a shortkey? or a VISIT command? like LeftShift DownArrow in HP50g RPL

2/ in a program, sequences like << 5 { 'a' 'b' 'c' } LSTO >> dont work. it works well with STO but not with LSTO I get an error "indentifier expected"

3/ I've upgrade both Windows and HP50g to version 1360. With windows 10 I cant "Copy Level 1" of the stack. I get nothing when I try to paste the data elsewhere.

EDIT: The 1360 version is really impressive! Thank you so much Claudio for your work! I'll never imagined this ... Fabulous .... It just lacks the support for graphics applications but I hope it will come; D To be honest, I was skeptical at the start of the NewRpl project. I was totally wrong. The result is way above my geatest expectations.

1. I didn't think of that, do you mean by having a variable name on the stack and editing the content? I could add that functionality, but it's not included at the moment.
2. LSTO is not the same as STO. Internally it gets optimized into PUTLAMn, so it works best with a hard coded variable name before it, and has no list support for the same reason (breaks optimizations). Later, any reference to the variable name is compiled to a GETLAMn hence the need for a hard coded name so it all gets optimized at compile time.
3. I do my Windows 10 builds all the time, I'll check the clipboard issue but I've never seen that happen before. It puts the data in the clipboard with 2 MIME types: plain text (decompiled for edit) and binary internal newRPL format. So you should be able to paste it as binary within newRPL desktop instances, and as text on any other application.

As for graphics... it's on hold and that's as expected. We are still working on the Prime G1 port and I'm stuck at the moment because the calculator turns off but doesn't respond to the On key. This makes it nearly useless until I can figure out what the problem is.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1360 [ including official build] - Claudio L. - 10-11-2020 06:39 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)