newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
01-29-2023, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2023 03:24 AM by spiff72.)
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
(01-29-2023 01:42 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(01-28-2023 05:20 AM)spiff72 Wrote:  UPDATE:
I ended up resetting the calculator with the button on the back, and went back into newRPL via the On+Symb then Esc commands. I plugged into the PC again, and it was recognized.

However, I have of course lost all my variables/memory (I had been using the Prime firmware for quite a while until just now...

I was checking to see if I did a USB archive backup to the PC, but apparently I didn't. I am pretty sure that I did one on the calc with the SDARCHIVE command, but I don't recall the syntax (or the filename, if there was one) to do the restore. Is there a way to see what I have saved as archive files?

If you can't remember the file name you can do this:
Code:

"/" SDOPENDIR
'HANDLE' STO
This will leave a file handle on the stack (a hex number, will be #3h if you didn't open any other files before) which we are storing into a variable for later use. You'll also see the letters HC show up in the status area, indicating the file system was mounted.
Now you can use that handle to see what files are in the directory:
Code:

HANDLE SDNEXTFILE
You can repeat this until you see the name you are looking for, or get the "END OF FILE" error, indicating you reached the end of the directory, so no more files in there.
Now you close the directory with:
Code:

HANDLE SDCLOSE
OK - trying to follow the instructions, but I hit a snag on the second character. How do you enter the slash character ( / )?

EDIT: Found it - right-shift and the divide key.

Cycling through now. Is there a way to repeat the:
HANDLE SDNEXTFILE
command other than typing it in over and over?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487] - spiff72 - 01-29-2023 03:12 AM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)