Important - Reupdate your unit!
06-01-2014, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 03:47 PM by Tugdual.)
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit!
(06-01-2014 02:39 PM)Jose Gonzalez Divasson Wrote:  I am still in the same loop.

Start up HP screen.
x2+y2 =1 with and without circle
Restarts again

I could get out when the battery went off, but upon connection to the USB port, it restarts again.

the Prime can't be seen from the Connectivity kit.
I have tried the reset from the CFO combination and then option 9, the paper clip and on-apps-esc combination. It still is in the same loop.

What can I do? Tim? Cyrille?
I'm neither Cyrille nor Tim but here is what you can do (I had the same issue as what you describe).
Be careful, you'll have to be quick :-) and follow exactly the three steps below:
1. Power On the Prime, depress the ON key. Now don't wait and jump on step 2.
2. Press the Symb key (keep it pressed) and then On again
Now you shall see "Hp Prime recovery mode V13"

You may now plug the USB cable (hear the beep from windows?) and use "updater.exe" instead of the normal connectivity kit.

This cured the issue.

Note: USB support on the Prime is extremely weak and this is the root cause of the issue. For me the USB disconnected during the update procedure... for no reason. Also using the connectivity kit doesn't work at all because the USB port is systematically released just the second before the Kit wants to access the Prime. And please don't think for a second that my PC is broken, I do believe there are also serious issues with the USB on the Prime side and I feel lucky I didn't brick the calculator until now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - DrD - 05-29-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - DrD - 05-29-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - JimS - 05-29-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - DrD - 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - JimS - 05-30-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - HP67 - 07-01-2014, 07:06 AM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - Tugdual - 06-01-2014 03:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)