Important - Reupdate your unit!
06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit!
The USB code of the Connectivity Kit is not ready for Prime Time (pun intended).
Do yourself a favor when you run into problems downloading FW to the Prime: if you have another PC available try the upgrade on it before you try something more drastic. I tried 2 out of 3 of my PCs and ended up bricking a Prime because the data transfer would stop right in the middle of transferring the boot loader. Yes, I was desperate. On my second Prime I ran into the same problems but I finally went to my third PC, an old Lenovo laptop. Guess what? No problems, at all! HP needs to fix this pronto. But then again, HP doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem in the first place.

Note: USB support on the Prime is extremely weak and this is the root cause of the issue. For me the USB disconnected during the update procedure... for no reason. Also using the connectivity kit doesn't work at all because the USB port is systematically released just the second before the Kit wants to access the Prime. And please don't think for a second that my PC is broken, I do believe there are also serious issues with the USB on the Prime side and I feel lucky I didn't brick the calculator until now.
[/quote]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - DrD - 05-29-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - DrD - 05-29-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - JimS - 05-29-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - DrD - 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - JimS - 05-30-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - HP67 - 07-01-2014, 07:06 AM
RE: Important - Reupdate your unit! - BluBear - 06-01-2014 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)