Can't reproduce HP-28 operations as objects example
04-17-2020, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2020 06:43 AM by Giuseppe Donnini.)
RE: Can't reproduce HP-28 operations as objects example
(04-17-2020 10:19 PM)Orome Wrote:  Oh I see, sorry. I don't mean that the example is better because of the lack of the need to switch to alpha mode.

That's exactly what I thought you meant. Thanks for the clarification.

(04-17-2020 10:19 PM)Orome Wrote:  I just meant it's a better example as such (at least, imv)

In what way exactly? Just because it is shorter? In order to illustrate the concept of "operations as objects" it is necessary to put an operation (i.e. an RPN command or a function) on the stack. While this is easily done in System RPL where you can apply the quote operator " ' " to any object you want, including procedure class objects, it is not as straightforward in User RPL. Hence the trick to first embed it in a list, which ensures that it remains in passive form, then extract it from there. However, the way in which this extraction is actually done, is rather secondary. You could also use 1 GET on all machines, from the HP-28C to the HP-48GX, which, though longer, would be less "obscure" than HEAD in my opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't reproduce HP-28 operations as objects example - Giuseppe Donnini - 04-17-2020 11:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)