Assorted WP-34S beginner questions
05-31-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Assorted WP-34S beginner questions
(05-31-2014 01:20 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  1. I've seen some programs that do STO I, STO K, etc. Those don't seem to correspond to stack registers. What are these alphabetic register names exactly?

They are I, J and K. They are just a few extra registers, although they have special meanings some of the time. I is used to hold the complex component of LastX when doing complex operations, J & K are used for the statistical distributions. There are also registers A, B, C and D. These are the top four levels of the eight level stack. If you're using the four level stack, they are available as general purpose registers.

Quote:2. Can I call LocR again from within the same program to dynamically increase/decrease the current number of locals?

Yes. If you call it in a subroutine, new locals will be allocated however.

Quote:3. What flags have special meanings, and what are they? As far as I can tell, the numbered flags are all for user-defined purposes, but there are alphabetic ones too.

A turns on the equals annunicator. B is the integer mode overflow, C is integer mode carry. D enables some extra numeric features in real mode (NaN, negative zero, infinities). T sets the printer trace mode.

Quote:4. Somehow I managed to crash program execution and when I hit P/R, I appeared to be browsing around the XROM code (the step number was reported as 'Error 037' or whatever the number happened to be). Is there a way to get in there deliberately (and safely) to examine routines?

No, getting into this section of memory shouldn't be possible.

If you want to examine the code, look at the source code directly, it will make more sense. trunk/xrom/

- Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assorted WP-34S beginner questions - Paul Dale - 05-31-2014 01:48 AM
Code Reading for Dummies - sa-penguin - 07-21-2014, 10:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)