[VA] New updates available in my HP site [Latest is Update #39, Sep 22]
05-01-2021, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2021 12:45 PM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: [VA] New updates available in my HP site [Latest is Update #27, May 1]

Hi, all:

I've just made available Update #27 at my HP site, namely the following 12 files (this makes 621 files in all which you can see and/or download for free):
  • Note: I'll appreciate it very much if you would please refrain from posting anything to this thread, so that it only contains the update announcements and listings themselves and nothing else. If you want to comment something please create another thread or PM me for any questions or comments you want addressed. Thanks.

2021-05-01:   Update #27   (12 files, including one new Article):

HP Article VA038 - DOMINOKU – Swiftly Solving Domino Grids.pdf  (click to see or download)  in HP Calculator Articles
    • 10-page article, this time featuring a program I wrote years ago for the HP-71B to solve a newspaper-style domino puzzle which goes by assorted names (“Domino Logic”, “Domino Hunt”, “Domino Dilemma”, “Dominosa”, etc.) where you’re given all 56 numbers (pips) corresponding to the full set of 28 dominoes already placed on a grid in some order, and you must find the exact location for each domino. For example:

[Image: ZZVA038DESC.jpg]

My program can solve grids of any shape, not just rectangular, up to 9x9, even with holes inside, and as was the case with my Sudoku solver, it is a nice example of how recursion can be extremely useful to simplify the programming by implementing a search procedure which calls itself to go deeper and deeper until the puzzle is completely solved or else determined to be inconsistent and thus have no solution. 8 fully worked examples included.

3 Selected HP Challenges

HP Challenge VA030 - Short Sweet Math Challenge 25 San Valentin Special - Weird Math.pdf
    • 60-page thread (50 posts), a new "San Valentin's Special: Weird Math" S&SMC#25, featuring 6 Concoctions 6 dealing with weird, unexpected math results, including weird limits, weird infinite summations, weird integrals, weird graphs which are not what they seem to be, weird primes which are perfect in a very particular sense and to top it all, an alleged explanation on why some years are exceptionally catastrophic.

The various parts gathered much interest and a very lively discussion with plenty of code, graphics, solutions and comments being posted (including my original ones), as can be ascertained by the 60 pages in the thread. Don't miss it, it's great fun and an opportunity to acquire new exciting knowledge !

HP Challenge VA513 - 2021-01-02 - SRC 008 2021 is here.pdf
    • 19-page thread (41 posts), in which I give a warm welcome to New Year 2021 by proposing three interesting little problems featuring 2021 for the readers to solve, including an amazing definite integral which will surprise everyone and their uncle, plus two nice, easier problems.

Lots of code, exact results, theoretical explanations and assorted comments were posted by a number of MoHPC forum members, including my own original ones. Pretty interesting reading at any rate plus you may try and solve them on your own as well.

HP Challenge VA514 - 2021-01-02 - SRC 008 2021 is here - Printable.pdf
    • Printable version of the above challenge, so that code in CODE panels will appear.

HP Challenge VA515 - 2021-03-14 - SRC 009 Pi Day 2021 Special.pdf
    • 28-page thread (38 posts) commemorating Pi Day 2021, including 6 new assorted appearances of Pi and other trivia, such as two very aesthetically pleasing integral equations (one of them somehow connecting Pi with Lambert's W function), a seemingly unexpected finite expression giving Pi as a function of e, an unexpected result for the summation of the volume of certain hyperspheres, ramblings on Kate Bush and Pi, The Simpsons and Pi, links to some unbelievable (literally !) "peer reviewed" papers on Pi and even a bilingual small joke (very small).

Lots of code, theoretical explanations, results, and plenty of interesting comments, including my extensive original ones. A very good way to have fun while learning some interesting facts in the process.

Last but not least, there's also the following files (click on any of them to see or download):

3 Selected HP Threads:

HP Thread VA002b - 2003-06-03 - 11c Voyager.pdf
      HP Thread VA002c - 2003-06-04 - I email HP about need a 41CX.pdf
      HP Thread VA002d - 2003-06-07 - HP-71B.pdf

4 Selected FractVal images:

Misc Picture VA007 - Sample - Pastel Heart - VF171206AK.jpg
      Misc Picture VA219 - Beach Dune Road - VF171123BB.jpg
      Misc Picture VA237 - Troubled Waters - VF171209AM.jpg
      Misc Picture VA270 - Hot Ball Bearings - VF170626AT.jpg

plus some pertinent Maintenance:
\begin{array}{|c|c|} \hline Notice  \\\hline \end{array}
    I'll appreciate it very much if you would please refrain from posting anything to this thread, so that it only contains the update announcements and listings themselves and nothing else. If you want to comment something please create another thread or PM me for any questions or comments you want addressed. Thanks.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] New updates available in my HP site [Latest is Update #27, May 1] - Valentin Albillo - 05-01-2021 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)