NASA formula, can someone decipher
04-20-2020, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2020 07:06 AM by Csaba Tizedes.)
RE: NASA formula, can someone decipher
to Tom L: "Did you look at the link? That's right from NASA."
Sure, but I do not want to believe, there is someone at the NASA who is able to put an OPERATION (differentiation) into an INDEX... What's next? Using imperial units during the Mars-expedition?

to Tom L: "the t may either time or temperature"
Big Grin Why do you think this is right after the above silly thing? I can show you something: \( \text{Cucumber}=\text{Fish} \cdot \text{Strawberry}^{2} \) this was the original equation from A. Einstein paper, but later modified to the well known \( \text{E}=\text{m} \cdot \text{c}^{2} \) .
Yeah, I know the "t" is typically temperature or time (because of greek or latin history, not English), but if you do not check the UNITS your equation maybe wrong.

to Tom L and twdeckard: "Wdot (first derivative of W, is the rate of change of vehicle or propellant weight) Wb is the baseline weight of the vehicle at launch or at insertion."

---UPDATE HERE
In this case the right side dimensions are \( \frac{\text{mass}}{\text{mass}/\text{time}} \) which is \( \text{time} \), so the left side dimension is correct.

Cs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NASA formula, can someone decipher - Csaba Tizedes - 04-20-2020 06:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)