HP 12c supplemental literature?
04-28-2020, 03:39 AM
RE: HP 12c supplemental literature?
(04-28-2020 02:47 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I agree, interesting comments and insights Allen.

When I see stupid high prices for items on eBay, I often contact the seller to ask why they've priced something so clearly above the going rate (you can tell by their rating, etc. if they were able to figure that out).

The folks that are simply greedy and trying to gouge unsuspecting buyers of course don't answer in general, though one did once 'because someone stupid enough to pay that always comes along if you're patient'. Eye-opening honesty! I wasn't sure if I should be impressed with his directness or offended by his greed. So I moved on...

A peculiar (in the sense that I sure never would have thought of that) reply I got twice from different sellers (in different cities, yes I checked) was that they were throwing the item in to get it listed and used a WAG high price until there was time to look up the recent sales history and then go back and adjust the price to the 'normal' range. In both cases, the prices really were adjusted to reasonable prices within a day or two. I follow the logic but not sure if the ill will created by the offensive prices are offset by the occasional higher than average sales price.

eBay has always been a strange place, but it's also about the only place I've been in the past 6 weeks that doesn't seem to have been affected by COVID-19 much, if at all.

Sometimes I list things high just so I can tell my wife (who has been bugging me to clear out the clutter) "Hey, I'm trying to sell it!"

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 12c supplemental literature? - myhp12c - 04-26-2020, 03:51 AM
RE: HP 12c supplemental literature? - Gamo - 04-27-2020, 05:22 AM
RE: HP 12c supplemental literature? - toml_12953 - 04-28-2020 03:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)