HP 12c supplemental literature?
04-29-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: HP 12c supplemental literature?
(04-29-2020 01:34 AM)mfleming Wrote:  On the subject of buyer behavior I've noticed many buy it now postings also accept best offers. I've used that a few times to mixed success. I've thought about making a private offer to a seller with a ridiculously high price and no make offer option. Anyone have success with that approach? I'm not sure such an agreed upon sale would show up in a list of past sales. That could affect your judgement of what a fair price is.

I've often made offers to BIN listings w/o the 'Make an Offer' option available and have had my offer accepted many (20+) times. I've also had probably twice that many rejections and also a few were completely ignored (including several by we-all-know-who).

IIRC, the actual price paid is not shown when you look at the completed item view, that still shows the listed price, so indeed it's misleading for those collecting actual prices to determine a trend or accurate average.

The actual price paid for a BIN listing that is accepted is also no longer shown when looking at completed listings. These show the BIN listing price w/strike-through and the phrase "Best offer accepted" is listed under the price.

So eBay is deliberately hiding many actual prices paid, to project an image of higher prices paid overall, which leads to higher new listings which yield higher fees paid to them. Coincidence?

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 12c supplemental literature? - myhp12c - 04-26-2020, 03:51 AM
RE: HP 12c supplemental literature? - Gamo - 04-27-2020, 05:22 AM
RE: HP 12c supplemental literature? - rprosperi - 04-29-2020 01:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)