Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42
07-09-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42
Hi Thomas,

I concur with Thibault. I always thought that the 27S and the 42S are so complementary that they should be merged. So the complete 17BII/27S/19BII solver, with menu variables, L(), G(), S(), IF and SIGMA functions, should be implemented. I strongly suggest you read the 19B/27S technical application book, it really describes well the pitfalls of these functions. This is a real equation-based powerful programming language !

There are 2 improvements I can think of that are regrettably not present on the 27S:
1) make a equation a function (like DEF F(X,Y,..)=...) callable from another equation;
2) Indirect addressing. The ITEM function can return an element from a list from an index, but is not a L-value, so you cannot write to the list. This should be possible. Of course, you would need first to implement list-based statistics like on the 27S - or use 42S matrices instead ? Smile

I also concur with Thibault that it would be awesome to use these equations in RPN programs, just like on the 32SII/33S/35S.

I think you could do this while staying true to yourself, i.e. keep the improvements discrete, without changing the normal operation of the 42S, like you did for LSTO and LRCL. This could be just another menu (EQU) that could be burried into the SOLVE menu (so that you don't have to provided a second shift key).

I'm really keen on the results ! A 27S/42S merger is a dream pocket machine !

Good luck and cheers,

Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42 - Vincent Weber - 07-09-2020 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)