Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42
07-10-2020, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2020 12:27 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42
I'm not familiar with the 27S, or any of the other calcs mentioned earlier for that matter, but for what it's worth, I'm not planning on adding a full-blown algebraic mode. I just want to add algebraic expressions as a new data type, that can be executed using XEQ just like a program with MVAR instructions, and can be used from SOLVE and INTEG as well. It sounds like the 32S/32SII/33S/35S would be good examples for that kind of functionality?

I am still interested in learning about the other calculators as well, because even without an interactive algebraic mode, I'd like to see how existing calculators handle expression editing, storage, naming, evaluation, etc. Not to mention L() and G() and other esoterica.

And of course all the built-in functions should be callable from an expression, as well as other expressions, and keystroke programs. But now I'm getting ahead of myself. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42 - Thomas Okken - 07-10-2020 12:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)