Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42
07-12-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42
(07-11-2020 11:15 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Take the equation X=G(X)+1 as a example of repeated evaluation. It should not be read as X=X+1 (no roots obviously), but as X=C+1, where C is not a variable but a constant that just happens to hold the current value of X. So setting X to 1 and solving to X will lead to 2, then 3 and so on. The 27S does that with a direct solution, but it could as well do it by iteration. I believe only performance is at stake here.

I see. And L() could be dealt with in a similar manner, by making its side effects apply only during the first iteration. Could be a bit tricky but should be possible. I'll read the relevant sections of the 27S/19B book to make sure, but I like the idea of dropping the direct solutions while otherwise maintaining all the advanced functionality of the 27S/17B/19B/etc. equations, and not having to put up with the limitations of the 32SII/33S/35S version.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for suggestions: algebraic equations in Free42 - Thomas Okken - 07-12-2020 12:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)