HP35 Price on ebay - what am I missing?
07-21-2020, 11:02 PM
RE: HP35 Price on ebay - what am I missing?
(07-21-2020 10:45 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Why do you call them stupid? If they have the money to spend why do people care how they spend it? It's obviously worth it to that person. Someone may say, "You could get it for so much less!" Well time is worth a lot to many people, too. If another one in that condition isn't available now, then that one is the one to buy without having to wait.

At any given moment, there are at least 5-10 HP-35s for sale for between $50-300, in various states of use and wear. I agree that unit looked to be as close to mint/unused as one will ever find on eBay, and all accessories are complete, and I'd guess that the manual and rear label being in German was very desirable as well. So it appears these characteristics are highly desired by at least 2 of the bidders. Does this make them stupid? Well either stupid or really impatient, at least from my viewpoint.

That said, I'm absolutely certain I've paid 'stupid' amounts for some rare or highly unusual, or emotionally motivated items, at least as seen by others.

Fortunately, my labeling him/her stupid, or others labeling me the same, really has no bearing on anything; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But I really was commenting more about the apparently large number of buyers of commonly available items, for overly inflated prices, purchased from kobel-co. Try this: review his listings and then tell us which ones you think are good values, and not available for less, even staying only on eBay.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP35 Price on ebay - what am I missing? - rprosperi - 07-21-2020 11:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)