What are the tags after HP Prime model numbers? (i.e. #ABA, #B1S)
07-27-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: What are the tags after HP Prime model numbers? (i.e. #ABA, #B1S)
The codes specify which Market the device is sold to (by HP) and theoretically from (to a consumer). Market is specifically separate from country as it seems there are some countries with multiple markets (?) and also some markets with multiple countries (e.g. EU).

ABA indeed means USA, but the list is not fixed/permanent as Markets vary both by product and over time. If you exercise Google's search, you can find lists published, and for Large markets, the codes do not vary much, but the best such a list can claim is that it was correct for that product at that time.

Folks have noted that the contents of an product's package can vary, but probably more importantly, the WARRANTIES are also only supported in the country where that device was sold initially (i.e. by HP to dealer or distributor). So the folks IN USA that bought a Prime G2 from the dealer in the Netherlands would not be able to have their device serviced in USA, that could only be done in the Market it was from.

Also note the Market is also somehow supposed to be encoded in the unit's serial number, though I've seen any explanation of how that works.

The good news is these are pretty reliable so few ever need service, and even fewer in the first year when the warranty matters.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HPʻs 3-character designators - striegel - 07-27-2020, 09:12 PM
HPʻs 3-character designators - striegel - 07-31-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: What are the tags after HP Prime model numbers? (i.e. #ABA, #B1S) - rprosperi - 07-27-2020 09:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)