Getting rid of wrong Windows10 drivers (Clonix/Nov)
09-18-2020, 05:40 AM
RE: Getting rid of wrong Windows10 drivers (Clonix/Nov)
Hi Sylvain,

Since logistics troubles and delays are fairly common lately, I ordered three lots of 5 units from three different sellers.

Much to my surprise the first lot arrived about three weeks later and I began with the tests.

The chip in that units is the FT232BL (QFP). It uses external Xtal oscillator and the latest revision on its datasheet is from 2011, so I was a bit concerned; but they worked like a charm.

Few days later (not more than 10) the two remaining orders arrived. These were both identical, same cable, same wiring and same interface chip: FT232RL (SSOP) with internal oscillator (no Xtal).

The "RL" revision seems to be an active one (latest datasheet version 21-05-2020) and also performs without problems in the several test.

Testing procedure for the 82143A emulation consists in several "PRP" commands of the "PRPLOT" program inside the USB-41 (Clonix-like) memory area. So both 'sides' of the module's interface is tested.

Then, after reconfiguring for page transfer function; a .ROM file (MATH-1A.ROM in fact) was sent to HEPAX RAM page #B and later received back from the HEPAX RAM to a temporary .ROM file (MATES-1A.ROM) then both files are bitwise compared using an hexadecimal file editor (WinHEX.exe).

The prodedure was repeated several dozen times without errors using both types of FT232 chips on WIn 7 & 10 (32 & 64bits) so I'm confident they will perform as expected.

Hope you find this info useful.

Best wishes and keep safe.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting rid of wrong Windows10 drivers (Clonix/Nov) - Diego Diaz - 09-18-2020 05:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)