Adding/Editing Programs for the HP50G
08-29-2020, 05:56 PM
RE: Adding/Editing Programs for the HP50G
(08-29-2020 03:08 AM)MattGreer Wrote:  ...The problem I'm having is that there are syntax errors within the file. I've attached the file for reference. ...
CHE2 - the directory etc. from the 48GX that I'm trying to migrate to the 50G

There's at least two potential problems I see with this conversion:

- You've used a variable in your 48GX code named "DIFF", which is actually a built-in command on the 50G (brings up a CAS sub-menu). Try renaming your DIFF global variable to something else (DIFF1 perhaps?). I didn't see but a couple references to it, so I don't think that will be too difficult.

- You probably will run into a little trouble in the spots where you used tagged stack levels for the INPUT command. The source code uses carriage returns for that type of construct, and if you do any intermediate editing of the source in text form on a PC you may end up with a mis-match in your CR-LF combinations. I was able to get around this by using the Edit>EOL Conversion>Unix (LF) menu item with Notepad++ on a PC. Something like that may work for you as well.

I don't know enough about your code to be able to test it, but if you address the above issues I believe you may have a good starting point for moving this code over to your 50G.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding/Editing Programs for the HP50G - DavidM - 08-29-2020 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)