New HHC Email List – Please sign up to receive information about the HHC conferences
09-03-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: New HHC Email List – Please sign up to receive information about the HHC conferences
(09-03-2020 05:49 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  I sent the email to join and received the confirmation email, but when I click the "Join this group" button, it takes me to https://groups.google.com/g/hhc-conf where it says "You don't have permission to access this content."

I haven't received any emails to the list.

Am i doing something wrong?

Dave

This is fast-becomming a common question.

This email list was created using the Google Groups feature, often intended to be used like a traditional usenet group, also also retaining histories of old threads, etc. We (HHC) only plan to use it as a simple managed email list.

To simply RECEIVE the group emails, you do not need to sign-in to the group, the messages will just come to you.

To use "group features" (e.g. see a history of prior messages/threads, etc.) you need to sign-in to the group, which requires a Google account (not necessarily a gmail account, a google account can be created with any email address).

In order to be able to click on the links in the messages you receive to access the group, your google account must have the same email address as you used to join the list.

Hope that helps

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New HHC Email List – Please sign up to receive information about the HHC conferences - rprosperi - 09-03-2020 06:00 PM
RE: New HHC Email List - David Hayden - 09-07-2020, 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)