HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images.
09-15-2020, 09:45 AM
RE: HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images.
Hi again,

This "BOOTROM" found in your tape directory has triggered my curiosity... Do you (or someone else) know where does it come from?

Sorry about the problems with your HP-9114A disk drive.

You will more likely get better assistance if you open a new thread requesting help to fix it.

This thread is too specific and most users/readers won't stop by (or read top to bottom).

Sorry not being on much help on that, I have never dug into such devices.

On the other hand (if you happen to have a PC with a standard 3.5" floppy drive) you may use "LIFUTILS", available here.

This utility alows you (among other things) to read LIF formated discs (like those from your 9114) on a standard drive and save the content into MS-DOS type files.

Regarding my service offer, it's obviously open to whenever you want... After all these years some weeks/months up or down won't make any difference. ;-)

I do have a question regarding HEPAX internal organization of the 10 bit words inside the standard 8 bit memory chips (RAM & ROM): I know they use only 5 bits (D0-D4) of every byte, which is the most logical arrangement BTW. But can you tell me which order are those bit placed inside every memory (even/odd) bytes? Provided you remember such details :-D

Keep up enjoying your re-found treasures!

Best regards from the Canary Islands.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images. - Diego Diaz - 09-15-2020 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: