SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
09-27-2020, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2020 09:55 PM by Luigi Vampa.)
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
(09-27-2020 07:42 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  A calculator has no need for that extra complication. The USB port powers the device at +5V and communicates using MSC protocol. Period. The "industry standard" moving over to USB-C is the standard of an industry where the added complexity is wholly justified by the additional features that it brings to the table. Ultra high speed comms, networking, video display, fast charging... A calculator needs none of that. MicroUSB is absolutely fine.

I do agree with you about the list of all new bells and whistles from USB-C, but I feel more confident about the reliability and expected life of my USB-C devices when compared to the Micro USB ones. Maybe that is just a feeling, but I am fully convinced that USB-C daily operations are by far more convenient.
I suppose adding USB-C would mean an extra cost... new version of PCB, case, tooling, etc., so that the prospect benefit may simply be not worth yet.

Saludos Saluti Cordialement Cumprimentos MfG BR + + + + +
Luigi Vampa +
Free42 '<3' I + +
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - Luigi Vampa - 09-27-2020 05:12 PM
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: ab3ap, 1 Guest(s)