SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
10-01-2020, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2020 10:26 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
(10-01-2020 03:15 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  Does it have the same memory map? Since it has all those module loaded, I'm kind of hoping that means all those can be active at once, IOW, not having to swap them out to get the combination of modules you want;
Like the SY-41CL, The SM-DM41X basically uses the same OS found in the HP-41CX - which means they use the same memory map as the original HP machine for both RAM and the "on-line" I/O bus configuration (for the lack of a better word). However they both can store a library of modules "off-line" and have ways to swap and configure the "on-line" setup.

(10-01-2020 03:15 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  and !! I was hoping there'd be a bigger memory map that would finally make it more suitable for Forth. The's a Forth module for the 41, but the HP-41 was very poorly suited for Forth due to the limited memory and the slowness of the 41cx's text editor to handle source-code files. (I don't have the module, but I use Forth a lot in other environments.)

As per the FORTH case, since it uses a dedicated buffer in main RAM for all code and dictionary - nothing has changed. At times I've toyed with the idea of writing extensions to it so that X-Mem could be added to that dedicated buffer (I got the basic low-level routines done) but never took the plunge; the ROM has some obscure areas that would need some further studying first.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - Ángel Martin - 10-01-2020 06:00 AM
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)