SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
02-28-2024, 04:32 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
Hello!

(02-28-2024 03:27 PM)MinkLib Wrote:  Re the glamourous Type C USB plug: one should be careful what one wishes for..

As far as we Eurpeans are concerned, the time of wishing is over. By the end of this year, no portable electronic device with anything but a USB-C connector may be sold within the Euroean Union. I don't know if Switzerland, the home of Swiss Micros, or the UK will also adopt that rule.

(02-28-2024 03:27 PM)MinkLib Wrote:  A lot of SmartPhone owners are only using Type C USB to charge the battery, as a result some Type C cables are confusingly made for power only, not data.

Which is actually a good thing because there are more and more cases of data theft and hacks when connecting phones, tablets and notebook to manipulated public charging sockets. A power only cable offers the best protection against that.

Personally I am using USB-C with my Android smartphone since about five years and the similar Lightning connector with Apple devices since about ten years with no problems whatsoever. I don't ever want to go back to anything else.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - Maximilian Hohmann - 02-28-2024 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)