SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
02-28-2024, 05:34 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
(02-28-2024 04:29 PM)MinkLib Wrote:  Oh and get ready to buy brand-new laptop, just to talk to your calculator..

"However, the major disadvantage of the USB-C is that it is not fully compatible with older versions of USB. To convert an existing USB 2.0 device to Type-C, the designer must add two pull-down resistors to the CC pins and route the USB D+/D- signals to both positions on the Type-C receptacle."

Any electrical conversion necessary would be in the USB-C to USB-A adapter so there would be no reason to buy a new computer (laptop or otherwise).

(02-28-2024 04:29 PM)MinkLib Wrote:  Methinks SwissMicro made a wise decision to stay with Micro B USB in this case.

Unlikely. My guess is they just have plenty of Micro B USB boards in inventory and don't want them to go to waste. Once they are gone I'm sure they won't make anymore.

Micro USB needs to go away. USB-C is the only connector I want for portable devices. I refuse to buy anything costing more than $20 with Micro USB anymore; if the manufacturers want my business, they need to update their products.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - Eric Rechlin - 02-28-2024 05:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)