SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
03-02-2024, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2024 01:24 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
(03-01-2024 05:59 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  That data blocker is an interesting concept, but fast charging relies on the data lines, so your charging will then be limited to probably 1 amp at 5 volts (or maybe 2 amps at 5 volts in some limited cases) which will be quite slow.

I am not too concerned with it since most of the time if there is a data connection it would rely on you confirming the popup asking to make a data connection to your phone, so the only way it otherwise could access your phone is if it exploits a not-yet-fixed vulnerability.

I normally bring my own charger so I can get QuickCharge which public chargers generally don't have, but if all I have available is a USB port I'm just going to plug in. I don't wear an aluminum foil hat either.

Bold of you to brave the cruel world of options with no safety shield upon your head.

As noted, these are more for folks that don't know better and will plug-in anywhere. Like you, I carry my original charger which supports all modes. I don't fear being jacked, but I do know that there are more AC ports in the world that USB charge ports.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - rprosperi - 03-02-2024 12:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)