12C Platinum vs. 48GX vs. 50g (Speed Test)
10-01-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: 12C Platinum vs. 48GX vs. 50g (Speed Test)
(10-01-2020 02:17 AM)JDW Wrote:  Now I need to know when to Press ENTER. Maybe that's clear to some people, but not to me. I can complete steps 01 to 06 without pressing ENTER, but I stop at step 07.

Also what is step 27 “Rv”? No such button exists on the 12CP!

Next, what does STO with a + or - before the number mean? I press CHS before that number??

Next, isn’t “33 x<->y” incorrect? I see a white marked “x><y” key and then “x<=y” in blue, but there is no x<->y key!

All said, I don’t know how to key this in. Do you?

When entering a program, you only need to press Enter when you see one in the program listing, the author has figured out the necessary logic and will include them where needed. This program happens to not need one due to having been carefully thought through to carefully manipulate the stack such that an Enter is not required.

"Rv" is the Roll down key - As there is no text down-arrow character, it has become conventional to show it this way. Similarly, programs for other machines use R^ to mean Roll Up (the 12C does not have this function).

STO+, STO-, STO* and STO/ combine the math operator and the STO into one instruction, so 5 STO+ 8 means add 5 to the value previously stored in register 8 and then store that sum back into register 8.

"33 x<->y" is like the above item - since text does not have a character with the < and > one above the other, this is shown as "<>" or "<->" in text listings, so the white one you describe as “x><y” is the function to use.

hth.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 12C Platinum vs. 48GX vs. 50g (Speed Test) - rprosperi - 10-01-2020 12:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)