How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs?
10-09-2020, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2020 05:53 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs?
(10-08-2020 10:49 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  The number of RAM pages a HEPAX module allocates is defined in the .mod file format. The existing HEPAX 4H file allocates 2 pages (so, 8k) emulating a "STD HEPAX" module, but this could be changed to allocate 4 pages (so now 16k) and thus emulate an "ADV HEPAX" module. I've no idea if one could have 3 pages... but no real device ever existed so it's untested - I'd stay away from that.

On the CL you can have any number of HEPAX RAM pages as your available memory (and I/O bus locations) allows, proving that the HEPAX file system is configurable well beyond the standard (2-page) and advanced (4-page) configurations (back in the day VM also sold extensions to the HEPAX RAM in modules of 2 extra pages if I remember correctly). The maximum is 8 pages - from page 8 to page F - which still leaves room for the HEPAX ROM and the YFNX ROM of course. The minimum is TWO pages (not one!), due to the self-allocation method used to relocate the HEPAX ROM.

On V41 and the 41DMx Bob's method is the way to achieve it. Of course this means you have the capability to build your own MOD files (which again, is available in the MLDL2k manager). I haven't tried id but there shouldn't be any limitations to configure an odd-number of HEPAX RRAM pages - as long as it is larger than 2.

ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs? - Ángel Martin - 10-09-2020 05:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)