How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs?
10-09-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs?
With V41 (Version R9) you may load HEPAX.MOD and use the HEPAX environment to add a bunch of FOCAL programs into the filesystem via HSAVEP. I recommend to keep an untouched copy of HEPAX.MOD since it is modified with these actions.
From there, use MLDL2K to load HEPAX.MOD and extract the RAM page of interest into a ROM file. For use in V41 or DM41X you must create a MOD file of the ROM(s). Use MLDL2K again to create a new MOD and fill in new pages with the extracted ROM files.

The main obstacle I encountered was that the module's name, i.e. first program of the HEPAX filesystem, does not appear on CAT 2. If you list the whole content of the modules in a HP41C/V fashion, then the names of the programs will eventually appear. Nevertheless, you can run a program if you know its name.
A solution for this was to lay hands on the (first) ROM with a hex editor and tinker with the FAT under consideration of the MCODE syntax to produce CAT-2 listable module names. The modified ROM can then be loaded into MLDL2K to create the MOD as described above.

Based on my limited background, this workaround is not too sophisticated, but it only needs V41, MLDL2K (respectively M2kM), and a hex editor in order to accomplish the requested task: 'How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs?'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to create custom 41C modules from keystroke programs? - Frido Bohn - 10-09-2020 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)