Chess programs or other programs with capable heruristics for calculators
10-15-2020, 10:21 PM
RE: Chess programs or other programs with capable heruristics for calculators
(10-15-2020 07:01 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Well for heuristic I mean something that is not going through every possibility (or the majority of them) of a large search space

Understood. That perfectly describes chess and in general games where the move tree is impractically big to go for a brute-force approach. Among many other subject matters wholly unrelated to games, of course

Quote:Of course there are also well known formulas, like finding roots with the newton method. That is also an heuristic [...]

Nope. Newton's method is an algorithm, not some heuristic.

Quote:I am interested in whatever calc model and non-small problem . Starting with chess maybe.

As I said above, any game having a big move tree will do: board games like chess, checkers, go, Reversi (aka Othello), dominoes-related games, many card games, etc. And as for non-games, any program which deals with problems like the Travelling salesman problem and other such would also qualify.

Good luck and have a nice weekend. Take care.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chess programs or other programs with capable heruristics for calculators - Valentin Albillo - 10-15-2020 10:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)