What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
11-04-2020, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2020 06:57 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
(11-04-2020 08:50 AM)Peet Wrote:  I see that there are a lot of people who shares the statement that the HP42S is the best and the 41 only for a museeum.

I hope you're not getting that from my post, but since I'm the only one to use the word "museum" in this thread so far, maybe I should respond:

I merely stated that for me, the HP-42S is an excellent tool, possibly the best. That's why I chose to write a simulator for it: so that this tool would continue to be available even after all the real HP-42Ses have ended up dead or in, well, museums.

My remark about the HP-41 was in reference to the perceived importance of the innovations it represents. Those innovations make it worthy for inclusion in a museum but don't necessarily make it a good tool today. I mean, the Ford Model T was a very innovative car when it was introduced, but few people would consider it better as a daily driver today than, say, a modern compact Toyota.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s? - Thomas Okken - 11-04-2020 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)