What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
11-04-2020, 08:07 PM
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
(11-04-2020 06:25 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  Disclaimer: I am I long-term RPL lover I use a 50g daily in my job, but as I don't need CAS and the bunch of advanced (and sometimes obscure) advanced math functions I am looking for something lighter. Just to give an example, a modern reiteration of 48sx with more speed, the GX memory model and easily replaceable would be perfect for me.
... Unless SM will develop a DM48....

I would also like to see a modern replacement for the HP-48/50, but I would prefer something "heavier", not lighter. Smile

I almost never use graphing and seldom use the CAS per se but I do use the advanced math functions including some that are part of the CAS.I see no reason to eliminate powerful features just because one does not use them personally, especially considering how much more memory and processing speed are available with modern hardware.

Physically, I would prefer the keyboard layout of the 48G but the color scheme of the 48s, running on a fast ARM processor with more RAM and storage.

Getting back on topic, I have never been an HP-41 user but the DM-41X is undeniably neat. I have a 42s and I use Free42 regularly, but I am really looking forward to the DM-43 because I actually like the heavy math functions. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s? - John Keith - 11-04-2020 08:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)