What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
11-06-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s?
(11-06-2020 02:58 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(11-05-2020 02:11 PM)Werner Wrote:  hm.. another command it is, then..
Why not GETKEYX, with a matrix of allowed keycodes in X, or GETKEYA with the keycodes XTOA'd in the Alpha register. This is what is needed all the time anyway.
Slight preference for the former as it doesn't have a 44-key limit ;-)

That's a bit heavy-weight for my taste. The functionality is useful but I think it belongs in user code.

I'm leaning toward GETKEY1 (or something else, I don't have strong feelings about the name) which would simply not stop on any key. It would still treat Shift the way the original GETKEY does because changing that would get very ugly.

It would still be possible to get out of an endless loop, by exiting and restarting the app. I guess it would need a tweak to deal with malicious code that uses flag 11 to restart itself, but that could be handled similarly to what OFF does.

How about just holding EXIT or R/S for one second or so to halt the program when GETKEY1 (or whatever it ends up being called) is waiting for input? It would be sort of like holding a key until NULL is displayed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has the DM41 extra over the HP42s? - Dave Britten - 11-06-2020 03:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)