HP-50g dangerous L-Shift STO shortcut
11-11-2020, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020 09:54 PM by Artur - Brasil.)
RE: HP-50g dangerous L-Shift STO shortcut
(11-11-2020 05:49 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(11-11-2020 01:44 AM)Artur - Brasil Wrote:  If it would be possible to redefine keys not only by direct access, or shift access, but also by context (or menu). So, te assignmemt of safety store functions to those keys only work when Var menu is active. When other menus are active, the assignment were in "sleeping mode".
Just a dream...
Artur

This is not a dream, but a reality quite easily done in System RPL. For example, System RPL already has entry points that allow your key assignments to do one thing when you're editing a program and something else when you're not editing a program. An assignment which is sensitive to which menu you're in would also be easy. A 50g library which almost automates the creation of such assignments (but knowledge of System RPL helps a lot!) is Keyman+ (listed as "Recommended: Get it!" by HPCALC.ORG), available here: https://www.hpcalc.org/details/3392
Hi, Joe!
I checked the lib Keyman. Impressive work, but it doesn't make the assignment by context, as I described and you understand very well.
As I told, I did not find any program or lib tha could make this "simple" task.
For the genious people behind HP-50g I believe it would be a feasable work to add a new funtion to this already great machine: ASNCTX - assign by context:
3: function to execute
2: key
1: menu to attach assignment to (0 to all)

Simple, isn't it?
Also PRIME, as a much more advanced system, should have such capacity.
In the mean while, I keep with my simple RPL programs...
Best wishes and thanks for your posts!
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-50g dangerous L-Shift STO shortcut - Artur - Brasil - 11-11-2020 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)