About the continuous Fourier Transform
12-04-2020, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2020 04:37 PM by dah145.)
RE: About the continuous Fourier Transform
(12-04-2020 03:19 PM)victorvbc Wrote:  Unfortunately there is a licensing problem with the two-sided fourier transform program that makes it difficult to add to the Prime's CAS. There was some communication with the dev to sort that out, but I don't know if it went anywhere.

You can get the one-sided version though, by using the Laplace transform function and sub (s=i*w).

Well now that's just downright bizarre. Fellow Electrical Engineers will agree with me that this function is commonly used amongst various applications in the field. And obtaining the one sided version through the Laplace transform simply does not render the same results that are correctly and conveniently obtained through the native fourier() xCas function.

laplace(atan(1/(2*x^2),x,s) for example simply hangs on my Prime and delivers no result.

This automatically makes the Casio Classpad superior to the Prime in this particular application as their CAS supports the Continuous Fourier Transform natively. And I don't know if Khicas supports this particular function, but that would be ironic on various levels.

This is really a shame, considering HP already moved in the right direction with the Prime for EE interests implementing the Z transform natively. Wonder what are the 'licensing problems' for implementing the CFT, and if there's any chance it will be included in a future update by simply making the already existing Xcas/giac function available in the Prime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the continuous Fourier Transform - dah145 - 12-04-2020 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)