Better way to organize function and programs?
06-14-2014, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2014 03:16 PM by Rich.)
RE: Better way to organize function and programs?
(06-14-2014 01:32 PM)Angus Wrote:  What are the (h,h) parameters for in the program? They are not used somewhere and the functions inside the program have variable number of parameters?

Hi, to be honest, I know very little about programming. The (h,h) are used as a place holder so i can load the functions internally from the ENGR123() program into the CAS program list temporally while working with that course subject. They do not load into another function as an argument. This is probably a horrible way to do this, but its all i have for now...

The benefit of this to me is, I do not have to retype the whole equation (or copy from Notes), I only see 4-5 course topics instead of 40-100 functions (assuming 10-20 equations per course), and its loaded into the system's function list to manipulate, saving me time on my exam. Also, i can write a small description about it in the original program entry.

Within the program ENGR123() I have two functions called abc(x,y) and def(t,u,v). Each function represents an equation i need for my class/course.

One equation is abc(x,y):= x + y, in this equation the abc(x,y) are mapped to the the x + y. So typing in abc(1,2) in CAS should give you 3 for the command output. Typing in abc(fff,ddd) will give you fff + ddd for the command output.

Pairing this with any other CAS function now works well. You can type sin(abc((45,45)) and get the result of sin(90), then using the approximation shortcut [shift][enter] you should get the result of 1. I often use this with the solve command, as shown in the example. Typing in solve(sin(abc(x,45))=1,x) should result in 45. (In degree mode)

When I'm done with my exam or homework I delete all of the functions from the program list, with the exception of ENGR123

I hope that it explains it well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Better way to organize function and programs? - Rich - 06-14-2014 02:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)