Better way to organize function and programs?
06-14-2014, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2014 07:52 PM by CR Haeger.)
RE: Better way to organize function and programs?
Rich - thanks again for your programming methods. Im still working on them.

For info, here is what I have tried using a saved spreadsheet (PHY123):

I create a CAS expression in each of the yellow cells that will create/store a CAS variable in PHY123.01, 02, 03 and 04. Note that when entering, you need to have the CAS* softkey selected. Note also that since uppercase F, N are preassigned (grrr), I use F_ and N_ as the variables.

In the blue cells, I created a CAS expression that stores the new PHY123_01 into Solve.E1. This will let me use it for single or multiple numerical solving later**. Note, instead of Solve.E1, you could save it to a different (saved) solve app.E1 .

In CAS, the CAS equations are available for use.

In the PHY123 spreadsheet, you can save other objects into these CAS variables. You could also save values into User variables (CAS softkey off when editing) here. Finally, the spreadsheet itself seems to support almost all Home or CAS commands, so you could do some analysis right from there.

If you later delete the PHY123.01-04 variables and want to recreate them, open the PHY123 spreadsheet and edit at least one cell somewhere - this will recalc or execute the other cells.

**Current firmware gives an error in Symb view of Solver app. Ignore it and allow it to create user variables for you. Delete them after using Solver or they may screw up your nice CAS variables (equations)...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Better way to organize function and programs? - CR Haeger - 06-14-2014 07:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)