CSTMENU: multilevel custom menu with soft keys
06-06-2022, 01:10 PM
RE: CSTMENU: multilevel custom menu with soft keys
(06-06-2022 12:40 PM)ramon_ea1gth Wrote:  Interesting. This means that WAIT(-1) is not working in your G1 by some reason and this causes the flicker, as the program is looping continuously through the non-working WAIT.
Is your G1 updated? What is the firmware version? You can see it with the Help button, Tree, About HP Prime.

[Edit]
One more question: despite the flicker, is CSTMENU (whatever version) giving the expected output when you press the softkey? If yes, this would mean that a touching event is being detected continuously, even when not touching the screen (thus flickering). If so, the reasons of the false touching event could be a software problem (firmware issue) or a hardware malfunction.

The cstmenu works fine other than the flicker. About screen shows:
Software: 2.1.14603 (2021 12 02)
HW Ver: C
CAS Ver: 1.5.0

The only thing that comes to mind is that I have newRPL installed. This can be booted by pressing On-Symb, and then Esc immediately after that. I will revert fully to stock FW and see if that changes anything.

So based on what you said, if I enter:
WAIT(-1) (all by itself on home screen)
I should see the calc just sit there waiting for user input? I tried that too, and it immediately returns -1.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CSTMENU: multilevel custom menu with soft keys - spiff72 - 06-06-2022 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)