Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular?
01-22-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular?
(01-22-2021 01:24 PM)Peet Wrote:  Both have at least as many or even more pluses than disadvantages compared to the popular 50G and 42S calcutators.
The current HP-17bII+ also seems to be a pretty good calcutator in the sum of its properties, but it hardly gets any positive mention.

From my point of view, the lack of external storage is the biggest weakness of the 35s but this is exactly what it shares with the 42s.

The prime, on the other hand, even seems to be superior to the 50g in every aspect.

What makes the 42s/50g so good and the 35s/Prime so bad?

Are these calcutators really so bad that it is worth dreaming about the past instead of wishing for improvements?
I think is more a matter of personal tastes, as others stated, but also of the typical use that a user makes of his calculators.
In my case, the Prime is a step backwards compared to the 50g as i like RPL and my use involves heavy use of units of measure in calculation and solver and the user of user keyboard and custom menus.
So i am stuck on 48/50 calculators and for me the 50g is better than the Prime.

For others, the Prime is better than 50g and i am sure they are as right as i am.
:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular? - Marco Polo - 01-22-2021 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)