Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular?
02-03-2021, 11:03 PM
RE: Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular?
After all the information from this thread, I came to the following conclusion for myself.

For me, as well as for most users, the HP35s doesn't have to hide from the HP42s or the Scientific Calculators from the Voyagers.
The often-mentioned bugs will hardly have any real disadvantages for anyone, as they only occur in cases that other calculators either cannot or that limit the real benefit only slightly. The criticisms of the programming options are negligible in view of the lack of mass storage.

In my opinion the main points of criticism are the inability to save programs externally and the not entirely successful design of the 35s.

It looks a little different with the Prime. I even like the often criticized bad connection between CAS and RPN, you could switch between a pure CAS calculator and a Scientific RPN calculator without unnecessary ballast in the respective mode. The Prime has the prerequisites to be a terrific calculator, but the lack of love for some details is precisely why it is particularly annoying. Like a theoretically beautiful diamond with a scratch.

The main point of criticism for me is mostly the poor RPN implementation and the unnecessarily small font in RPN mode.

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular? - Peet - 02-03-2021 11:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)