Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular?
03-01-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular?
I've had both and have sold both.

I had an earlier Prime with the light orange key legends that I just could not read. I'm old and need reading glasses. Poor contrast items just don't work well for me. Yes, I've heard the later model(s) have darker orange print, but I'm not inclined to spend $100+ for another Prime.

I bought the 35S because it looked to be fun to tinker around with, but to be honest, I never got used to the tall, skinny numbers on the two-line display. It just never really fit in with how I calculate. I ended up selling it for a small loss on eBay.

Semi-picky observations, I guess. However, for me, using a calculator is a tactile and aesthetic experience, as well as using a tool to solve a particular problem. For example, I still pull out my 48G because I like the display layout, the feel of the buttons, etc. I also like pulling out my TI-59 occasionally to see that glowing red display and hear the sound of the machine pulling a card through the reader.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are the HP Prime and HP-35s so unpopular? - Xorand - 03-01-2021 05:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)