MCODE programming: help needed with asmnut 0.40.1
01-27-2021, 04:19 PM
RE: MCODE programming: help needed with asmnut 0.40.1
Hi Meindert,

(01-27-2021 03:07 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  I think it is important to let us know what you are trying to achieve. I also read that the assembled code has the bits correct, how did you confirm that?

With the code in place I showed above, the bits that are set are exactly as listed by you in this post. Verified by the assembler listing produced by asmnut, and I tested all functions within Nonpareil. (I have no physical HP-41 right now but NP uses the original HP-41 ROMs anyway.)

(01-27-2021 03:07 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  If the bits are assembled correctly (verify with the hex editor on your HP41) then make certain that the function is non-programable (NOP after the function name). These prompting functions can be very tricky.

"PROMPT C" was just an example.

I any case I don't want to break anything. I started by using the original asmnut code and found that only very few prompts worked as documented, which points either to an error in the code or the documentation.

I still don't understand what the original code tried to achieve by accumulating bits in the mask. Isn't it true that the mainframe only interprets these 12 variants? Methinks that my suggested code is far simpler and straightforward. But I'm all open to an explanation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MCODE programming: help needed with asmnut 0.40.1 - hmilz - 01-27-2021 04:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)